<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 20, 2005

FURRINERS

Franklin and I had to dodge all kinds of looky-loo outsiders on our afternoon walk today (in the rain, again). They were mostly in SUVs. There were at least four real estate open houses and one of our celeb neighbors was on a charity house tour.

We live in a 'neighborhood'; hence, I expect that visitors will drive slowly and carefully and be particularly aware of elderly people walking active and busy dogs. As usual my expectations come up sucking air.

I suppose that the rain brings them out. Certainly the celebrity factor is a high motivator. The local teevee personality is nice enough and has a nice house and I think house tours are a harmless way to raise money but I would like it to happen somewhere else.

We were on a house tour once, when we were in Boston. John had designed a tight little duplex condo that I still would like to have but not live in. We outgrew it after about two years.

Showing your house on a charity tour takes a lot of balls actually. There are going to be hundreds of people trekking through. And, like today, our tour was on a rainy day; all those people coming in with wet, wet feet.

I remember the deal was to be out of the house and not see any of our visitors; hand it over to the team running the tour and let go. We almost managed it, but I left some 'critical' item there when we left and I went back to get it. I had to buck the line and see the crowd and listen to some of the comments. Not good. I focused, of course, on the negative ones.

But I got over it and so did the house and I suppose I will get over Joey English (a woman Joey) having us all share her showing. At least we are not on Barry Manilow's street which is on the next block. The guy told me he was on the tour and that the traffic was way backed up there. So. Franklin and I walked home another way.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?