<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 17, 2005

ENDED

We saw the second half of Dr. Zhivago (1965) today and that is that. More of the same. Epic scenery; cardboard acting. If I have to listen to 'Lara's Theme' one more time I will hurl.

The second half is much more corny than the first. It is as though they suddenly realized they wouldn't make it in the time alloted so they just threw segments together.

The beautiful natural settings are still there. The vast sweeps. Pauline Kael said about director David Lean: "[his] method is basically primitive, admired by the same sort of people who are delighted when a stage set has running water or a painted horse looks real enough to ride." I am not one of those people although, at times, I was taken in.

I will give it a 3 out of a Netflix5. Here is the poster.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?