<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 06, 2005

BRUCE

I gotta admit to my guilty pleasures.

I really enjoyed seeing Bruce Willis do his thing in Die Hard (1988).

The technical stuff was just great and once you hate the bad guys enough it is OK to see the splatter. I liked the whole action part.

I enjoyed the relationship between Willis and the first cop on the scene. It is nicely played out throughout the film and has a great finish.

I didn't like the insertion of bureaucratic idiots to prolong the pain of the odyssey. It always slowed stuff down. I figure if they had shitcanned that part, the movie would have been a much more satisfying 90-100 minutes long.

One other small point, the tank-top lacks continuity. It gets bloody, it gets baggy, it tightens up again and the blood moves around; then it changes color entirely to a kind of khaki. Toward the end it disappears entirely. All of this is OK with me, actually. Willis was in great shape for this.

And he never, ever, had his hairpiece askew, although it varies in size from chapter to chapter. Why am I taken up with this kind of stuff?

Nevertheless, I agree that, in its class, it has to be one of the best action/thrillers I have seen; a genré that I am not normally keen on. Time melted. I guess that is why it is on the NYTimes Best 1176 List.

So, I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?