<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

FREEDONIA

Today's movie was Duck Soup (1933) with the Marx Brothers; all four of them in this one. Zeppo was a hunk and could sing but was the least interested in show business. That, aside, it is one of their best pictures.

There is not too much to say about it except that I saw Edgar Kennedy who did some bits with Chico and Harpo. Kennedy did a lot of one reel comedies. I laughed my ass off at them. That was back when we had 'shorts' as part of any movie experience; a long time ago.

A 'show' used to be a standard 90 minute feature, a few trailers, and shorts. There was a usually a short newsreel and sometimes a travelogue; comedies and cartoons were standard fare. Most theaters even had a curtain that opened and closed. The golden years.

This is a NYTimes Best1176 Film and it also has a very high IMDb rating. I will give it a 5 out of Netflix5. How could I differ?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?