<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 31, 2004

EVE

I don't believe in New Year's Eve or Day. They are constructions separate from reality; numbers on a paper; an imperfect calendar that has to leap every four years.

But this kind of discussion leads quickly to sticking my head up my ass so I will not go there.

Enough to say that I do not take any of it seriously. It is another day without mail.

My reading for today said it for me and rather succinctly:

"A New Year: 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes - a time to consider directions, goals, and actions. I must make some plans to live a normal life, but also I must live emotionally within a twenty-four-hour frame, for if I do, I don't have to make New Year's resolutions! I can make every day a New Year's day!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?