<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

CHOICES

This is an interesting writeup about the Democrats 'abortion trap': Somebody Found Some Moxie. It is a little late for Kerry to be thinking this way but better later than not at all.

I have always been uncomfortable being shoved into the tent with the pro-choicers. I am a middle of the roader on abortion.

It is not a good thing. Ever. It is hard on everyone involved in it; the mom, the docs, the family, and very often, the dad. People never get over it, in my opinion.

I respect alternative views about it. Of course, I do not take a pro-life stance anywhere near the goop or right wing rhetoric.

But once again, the Demos are marginalized by getting on the wrong side of an issue where there should be more respect and understanding of different views.

I gotta say that I am there on guns too. I sure ain't NRA but I do not think that gun control will control crime any more than marching in a picket line. I grew up in a house full of hunting guns. I did not participate but the feeling of comfort with a firearm is there, nonetheless. And so on. Have I pissed anyone off yet?

This is why, often, I think that I am a libertarian; that the best government is the least government.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?