<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 15, 2004

OHHHHH CANADA

We are heavily into the anger phase of grieving; post election death, and all. Talk turns to leaving the fucking country. There are rumors of havens in third world countries. They say Americans can live like kings in Panama City. This has always been the lure of the third world escape. Give up your values and live off the backs of the peasants. God knows, there is enough of that here in Southern California. But there it is full time.

Of course, a lot of ex-pats living in Mexico had their land suddenly redacted by the government. It was nice while it lasted. Banana republics are not the most stable places. Venezuela used to be a paradise for NA exiles. No more.

Everyone's default escape hatch is Canada. But, jesus it is so cold. We would die. We can't even make it to Santa Monica without a coat. Nevertheless, there is an illusion of blue perfection in the upper half and it all seems very appealing.

Reality bites today in Salon. It seems that, as I knew, American bodies are welcome in the Commonwealth but American attitudes are not. Me, I bristle with American arrogance. It is what I think made us strong. It is just that the goopers are pissing it away! I can swagger with the best of them. Gotta give that up if I am going to be oot and aboot in Can-a-da.

The article also dispels the notion that somehow Canada is asshole free. There are as many greedy capitalists, crooked politicians, right wing haters, religious nuts and tin hats on the ground as we have here. We just don't get the news about this over the border. They got a great PR machine.

Read it yourself: Welcome to Canada.

Here is what I reccomend. Stay where you are. Make this land whole again. We need you. Me, I am staying put. It is mine. They will have to pry this country off my cold, dying ass. I can't do anything else. I am an American!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?