<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 27, 2004

HOLIDAZE

I don't have much today. The only thing on my mind for the last two days is avoiding the holiday crowds. It is just amazing that people get into this madness.

I find it a little gruesome but we all have to get our kicks from wherever we can. For some, waiting all night for a free snow-ball and a cheap DVD deal might just pass for nirvana.

Then, today, we got our first holiday card! I suddenly realized that ours need to be sent! I had this frisson pass through my body.

Actually, it is not too bad. We have whittled it down to about 56 cards. It is fun to buy the cards we send. Actually, John buys them and I applaud. That is the fun part. And, if I am lucky, it is the only xmas thing that I will have to do. There is usually a little ducking around the invites, but I have gotten pretty good at it.

We don't exchange gifts. Everyone around here gets what they want when they want it. We will do a stocking for Franklin. We did it last year and it was a blast. We wrapped each item. He actually opened them all one at a time and hung with them for awhile, then moved to another one. He has a lot more restraint than those frantic shoppers I saw bursting through the Wal-Mart doors; elbowing each other on the way to the trough. Happy holidays.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?