<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 22, 2004

DECAF

I have been a little under the weather with an intestinal thing One suggestion was that I cut out caffeine; it is an irritator. OK. I can do that.

Wow. I knew that the withdrawal packed a punch with headaches and the like. When the java leaves, the body becomes oversensitive to adenosine. In response to this oversensitivity, blood pressure drops dramatically, causing an excess of blood in the head (though not necessarily on the brain), leading to a headache. There are a lot of other physical symptoms but all of those come under the heading of 'possible'; meaning not everyone will get them.

I am mostly sleepy a lot. I feel sort of listless and definitely think that a cup of coffee would help. This is the habit part. The learned response. I let the thought pass without acting on it. I got really good with this when I let go of tobacco. Cravings are cravings are temporary.

I fall asleep when I am meditating and it does not help to keep my eyes open; they droop. This is quite unusual. I mostly have overactive brain that gets to run down while I sit. Could this braining be caffeine induced?

There is not a lot else involved. I am going to the gym and doing stuff. I am motivated. When I get on a task, the adrenaline seems to compensate for the relaxed loss of rigor. Maybe this is the way it is supposed to be. It seems to be how Franklin works. He sleeps between chores and, when he is stimulated, he is up full-bark or at least full groan-whine. I think I will stay off the caffeine. A day at a time of course.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?