<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

DEBATELESS

I don't know if I can handle listening to the debates. My guy lost the last ones I heard. Don't get me wrong, I am with Kerry; but, well, Howard is still in my heart.

I say listen because we cannot (or will not) watch. No teevee. We never hooked it up. I have the cable on the computers but not on the boober. We have never missed anything as a result; well maybe the Oscars. But I think not.

I figure that I already know all the issues. I know who I am going to vote for. I have worked and will work hard to see that the wimp doesn't get re-elected. But I cannot help the country from itself. I just figure that the debates are all about the sizzle and not the steak and that anything can throw the thing. I don't really want to be there for it.

The other thing I don't want to do is listen to the fucking airhead commentary where some idiot from NPR, who cannot get a normal press job, has to repeat in third grade terms what he or she thinks was said. I have no interest in Neil's or Cokie's or whoever it is's interpretation. I hate that. On teevee it is even worse.

SO. I think I will just wait and see what the reaction is to the debates rather than listen to the debates themselves. No more high-fiving in the living room over some statement our man has made; only to discover that most people thought it made him look like an idiot. I am so tired of what 'most people' think. Even the people on my side.

Oh; the other thing! The goddam debate is on at 6pm PDT. That is when we are just finishing dinner and Franklin and I go for our walk. Then, I am usually going to bed at about the time it will close. If I listen, I have to walk early or later and I am sure going to have my sleep disrupted. All over sizzle.

We will see. It is not Thursday yet.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?