<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 31, 2004

ITSY BITSY

Boy I like this: Kerry Mocks Bush's 'Itsy Bitsy' Campaign Slogan. I guess this means that there will be red meat in the campaign and not a gore-bore. BIG JOHN. This is so refreshing. In case this link fades, let me quote:
Democratic White House challenger John Kerry mocked President Bush new "turning the corner" campaign slogan on Saturday and said he offered voters more than "little itsy bitsy" sound bites. Kerry disputed Bush's contention that "we are turning the corner and we're not turning back" on the U.S. economy.

"The last time we had a president who ran on a slogan of turning the corner was Herbert Hoover, and he ran on the prospect that prosperity was just around the corner," Kerry said Americans wanted real leadership and vowed -- if he defeated Bush in the Nov. 2 election -- to be a president in the mold of Franklin Roosevelt, John Kennedy, Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower. "They stood up and told the truth to the American people and they had a plan and they took this country to the future,"

Dwight Eisenhower. I'll be damned. The last Republican I liked. "I like Ike" and I did.

Thanks to Atrios for rooting this out!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?