<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 15, 2004

TROUBLE

The puzzle of the Columbine killings endures despite all the attempts to answer the questions. As a parent, I have speculated what it would be like to have this tornado occur in my life; to have to face my own culpability in the matter. Today in the New York Times, David Brooks writes about his contact with the Klebold parents and gives a glimpse into what their life is like today Columbine: Parents of a Killer.

I suppose everyone searches the faces of killers and other psychopaths trying to find answers. Look into the eyes of this attractive lad; what do you see? I wrote the other day about how evil is in here as well as out there and that the seeds lie ready to germinate if we nurture them. Then there is the question of insanity and whether, through our bent perspective, we would or could nurture them un-intentionally, without volition. Big questions to answer as I look at Dylan Klebold's face and think about his parents who have to deal with these questions every day; unanswered and perhaps unanswerable.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?