<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

READ

Still reading SNOW CRASH: Neal Stephenson. It takes some time to work through the scene and the language (futuristic) and is not as layered as his later work but it is very cool nonetheless. I gave up on BLUE BLOOD: Edward Conlon, the cop autobio. Too much personal history and meandering through the Irish Catholic childhood. I imagine he is looking for motivation. I suspect there is none. He just wants to be a cop and the doors opened. Here he is. He is a good one. Unusual. A Harvard degree. Few of us ended up in the careers we started in. Look at me. I began as an engineer. I found out you could design the hottest machine in the world for people to work with and if they didn't want to work with it, forget it. So I started working with people and machines. Then left the machines and just worked with people. But I digress. If you are of the South Boston persuasion you will love this book. If not, better look for cop-thrills elsewhere.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?