<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

DOWDTFULLY DOWDY

I am getting tired of Maureen Dowd. She used to be funny and even, at times, trenchant. (OK. I had to look up 'trenchant' to see if I got it right--yes I did).

tren·chant Pronunciation: -ch & nt. Function: adjective. Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, present participle of trenchier. 1 : KEEN, SHARP 2 : vigorously effective and articulate (a trenchant analysis) also : CAUSTIC 3 a : sharply perceptive : PENETRATING b : CLEAR-CUT, DISTINCT (the trenchant divisions between right and wrong -- Edith Wharton)
I used to read her regularly and chortle at her skewerings and musings. Now it seems it is all skewering and no muse at all.

She has turned into a shrill bitch. This started with Clinton. I have to admit I did find it amusing in the beginning but then it got nasty and nastier. Since then, I have been pleased to see her turn her vitriol in the bush direction; but even that is not very interesting. The most partisan blogs are more interesting than Dowd because they have a point of view.

Dowd is an equal opportunity skewer; she seems to have no view of her own. Just a bully. And yet, it is still labelled as commentary. On what? In what? How negative you can be on any subject?

Enough is enough. She has become a cartoon of herself. Over the hill. The shrill bitch version of bitter late-middle age. I won't use the M word, that would be sexist I suppose. Shrill bitch is enough. Today in her home paper she takes on both bush and kerry and it is all meaningless mean-ness. Can you tell that she has pissed me off? I will not even bother to link it. She has nothing to say. Too bad. I am done with Dowd.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?