<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

CHANGEUP

For anyone who is following these things, I have decided to meld the old and new NYTimes1000BestFilms lists. I will not bore you with the detail other than to point out that the original millenium edition was my first template for the 'best films' project; see 'em all.

Then they came out with a new edition which has at least 176(?) different choices. Some of them are new since 2000 (bad choices, a lot of them) and some are just exchanges with other pre-2000 films. At first I was not going to give in to the new list but then I realized that if I included some of the newer ones (that terrible BEING JOHN MALKOVICH ugh!) I could piss on the ones I did not like. And, as far as the older ones are concerned, who cares what ranking THE BANK DICK has? It is on the new one and not the old one so lets look at it. This is by way of explaining that from now on it will be The NYTimes1176BestFilms.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?