<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 28, 2004

BITE

So, I said yesterday that things have a way of coming up and biting the bushers on the ass. Now it is the new Prime in Iraq. Hours of confusion today over when and who and how and whether. Dither. Any doubts it is all out of control at the mega level? Well, we knew it was but this is out there it is pathetic. They are not even able to cover their asses anymore.

ZINNI

I heard Retired Marine General Tony Zinni being interviewed on NPR this morning. He is featured in Battle Ready: Tom Clancy's latest book in his Commander Series. It is a great interview and evidently the book is fully focused on the Iraq War runup and aftermath. Zinni's comments are said to fill the book and if the interview is any indication, indicts the administration at all levels for its incompetence and wrong headed management of the 'post war' situation; which of course means that it is not 'post' anything. The war is ongoing.

I was surprised that Clancy is involved in this enterprise or rather that he would involve Zinni who has been an outspoken critic of the bushers. I had assumed that Tom Clancy was as fundamental a right winger as any of the Pentagon chicken hawks; but this is evidently not so. I would not want Clancy after me if I were them but I am not and so..............it is interesting.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?