<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

SUMMER

Today was the first day of summer. Surprised? Here is how I figure it. At the Shell carwash north of town, after I pay and walk the long alleyway to the outdoor waiting room, I stand meditatively and suss the cosmic situation. I await guidance from the universe. I allow my body to respond unconsciously and without interference from my ego or my id or any other brain-type thought kind of thing.

Ommmmmmm. If it is winter, I will find myself taking two steps out from under the sunshade (one of those slat things that take out half the sun) to stand in the full sunlight. If it is summer, without thinking, my body moves autonomically toward the bench directly under the slats and I sit, serenely of course, in the shade; not in the lotus position which I am too unlimber to do and would attract attention anyway. I just sit. I listen to the wax machine applying the final coat, the drier vacuum thing blowing or sucking the water off the cars. The chatter of the guys who do the final-wipes.

None of this is a conscious thing. I just 'do it'. Throw myself into the spiritual stream. Is that the tao? Of course, my natural state is the meditative; so I 'notice', the action; breathe; and then identify. Ahhhhh. I stepped out of the sun. It is summer. Booonnnnggggggzzzzzzzzeeeeeee! Meditation class is over.

I first noticed this after we were out here a couple of years. There is no way to really demark seasons in the desert. It is just warmer and colder. Sometimes in the same day. I found myself moving in this body-mind sort of way. Now I just see myself as a human form of those little weather houses we used to have when we were kids. I am not sure whether I am the witch or Hansel and Gretel (that is who was on my little house). I might hire myself out to the weather guy.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?