<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

STRIPSHOW

I gotta admit I don't know a lot about the West Bank and the Gaza Strip and I have been around a very long time listening to the stuff about it. I am sure that they were trying to explain the expropriation of Arab lands when I was in high school. Right or not, I do know that it has caused a whole shitload of trouble for everyone involved and that has always included us--you know U.S. us. I suppose, at some level, I do not think that it is any of my business and I have this sneaking feeling that it is not any of my country's business either; at least in the micro-sense. I can't help but think that it has more to do with politics than anything else. Somewhere, somehow, it always seems that the 'jewish vote' gets wound up in the discussion. Since I ain't part of the 'jewish vote', I guess I feel left out. Oh, someone said the right wing christians are voting for this too. Gee, a new bloc influencing our policy!

The other level here is that, somehow, the bush shift on the strip is also to help Sharon out with his party, with the Israeli voters, and somehow deflect attention away from the graft and corruption scandals he has going. So. A link. Evidently 'the jewish vote' is also the Sharon vote? I do not think so. Maybe someone from that special interest group can enlighten me how this right wing zealot is good for his country or ours. Of course, I guess the right wing zealots have to support one another and that puts our guy right in the same ballpark; busharon!

Then there is the other possibility; that somehow, there is some diversion of attention necessary just now. While we are 'losing Iraq', extending National Guard tours and so on; at least for a little while, people can get hot about the Gaza strip; a lot of people who are as misinformed and confused as me, no doubt. So I am puzzled. Again, my leader has not told me what his thinking is; a bunch of slogans that I don't relate to fail to move. I have this feeling that I am being conned again. I wonder what 'the jewish vote' thinks or are they as confused as I am?

Somehow, I think, whatever is behind this, has nothing to do with the people who suffer on both sides of the divide. I am not sure that it ever has. And, there has been untold suffering. I guess it will have to continue as the politicians dance and do the Gaza Strip.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?