<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

KERRY

I notice that I am not writing about Kerry at all. I am sure going on about the bushies; but no Kerry stuff. I have thought about this and think two things.

One: Kerry is lying low. There is no way that he can get into the middle of all the shit flying about the 9-11 Commission or, for that matter, the Iraq situation other than what he has said about bush' failure to engage allies. I think that this is a good strategy and, what is more, a good example of his ability to moderate his mouth. It is statesman like; and, of course, senatorial. And, he is not really the candidate yet either. The surrogates are busy and that is OK.

Two: I am not engaged. The 'anyone but bush' compulsion does not include actually liking the guy. This is not new for me, of course. I can support someone who I am not in love with; but it sure does keep the juices subdued. I am over Howard Dean (for now) so it is not a resentment or a recovery period thing. It probably has to do with the fact that Kerry would be very good for the country. By this, I mean that people I am likely to support and promote usually make lousy leaders; they are issue candidates; doctrinaire. Another consideration is that my ballot is the kiss of death to most candidates and propositions. My history of being in the consensus on any person or issue is dismal. I am an outlier.

So, my distance and low respiration rate may actually bode well for JFK2. Boy, I hope that they don't do anything as stupid as saying or thinking that '2' stuff. Incidentally, I am not one who thinks that Kerry should distance from Ted Kennedy either. He needs a wide spectrum of support and TK has a great amount of support to give. And, he is no longer an embarrassment (if he ever was). He is a lion in winter. And he still has his teeth.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?