<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

EAT IT

Kerry is showing promise. Yesterday, he went to the Paulist Center in Boston and had communion. Defiant in the face of objections from the guys in the Vatican; one of them the reputed 'next Pope'; a black African. That should be interesting; and, evidently as hard ass as the Pole.

I cannot say that I begin to understand the deal with communion. It is not part of my background. But I can say that I have taken communion at the Paulist Center! It didn't take. I went through a period of trying to be a Catholic on the theory of 'act as if'. I tried to be everything at least once. I finally decided to be me. The guys at the Paulist Center were great with me. They had seen insincerity and lack of real commitment before. They are major exceptions to the hard line neanderthals who seem to have all the rules and proscriptions.

Anyway, this is about three things at once. The jaw dropping heavy handedness of the roman church; defiance, which I obviously like to see as I have a bit of it myself; then, the fact that Kerry has is sailing his own course. Take your pick.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?