<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

2/3dFILLED

I went and got the first two of three fillings done today. Doctor Mike told me, a while ago, that I would not have any more cavities; I was too old for it. Finally; something that I am too old for that is a good thing. He did fail to mention, or I failed to hear, that there would be many old fillings to refill; general deterioration of the infrastructure. I was lulled.

So, imagine my shock to hear that I would need three refills! Well. Naive, you might say; but shocked nonetheless. Tooth denial runs pretty deep as does my gum line. Someday he is going to tell me about that too; that the long-in-the-tooth thing has progressed too long; time to go the falsie route. Not today.<>Anyway, I was a good do-be and took my novocaine; didn't try to be any braver than necessary. Mike is pretty good, a painless shot, a serene dig, and, of all things a METAL refill. It seems that they 'used to' think plastic would be a good replacement for the old magnum; but no. Not in the molars. Too much action, heat, pressure.

Used to? Hell, I had all my metal replaced with plastic in the year or two before we moved out here; not even a decade. So I have now been the route from metal to plastic back to metal again all in one dental lifetime.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?