<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 17, 2004



Whew. That was a close one. We dodged the bullet. I just read that Michael Moore is endorsing Clark. I had worried that he might be noisily supporting Dean.

It is bad enough that Dean is traipsing around Iowa with Rob Riener and Martin Sheen. Here we are, not even the first primary, and the Hollywood hangers-on are already pushing their way into the camera's view. I think this stuff really trivializes the campaign(s). They all do it; the candidates.

I have nothing against any of these people but they don't belong in the front of the house. I don't doubt their sincerity even though sometimes it looks suspiciously like a bid to burnish a fading career. Bill Clinton got stars in his eyes and got damn little for it but a lot of trouble. For every celeb that gets a vote, I am convinced that two are lost.

Who is Barbra Streisand for? Can we send her over to Lieberman? That would do him in for the duration.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?